23 October, 2006

Briefly - InsideMS Blog

Both thumbs up to LisaB for getting the InsideMS blog rolling last week.

Now that's a leadership decision I can get behind: real risk-taking along with unleashing and un-muzzling the staff to let us all use our 'big brains' to help solve what ills us. If only the rest of our leadership seemed willing to listen to the messengers instead of run them through with a pike.

One thing that surprised me when I read through the comments on the blog was the number of people of longer tenure commenting and their sharing of future career plans. Very interesting! Does this mean opportunities are coming our way to move the logjam or are we staring at opportunities lost?

In the compare and contrast department, copy just the comments from say, Mini-Microsoft, into a plain text document and line them up next to a plain text list of comments from InsideMS. Can you spot the differences? Trolls? Similarities?

(I know that I'll be giving "colleague" hires spelling tests from here on out.)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I was surprised not only at the brutal frankness of the internal thing, but also that many of the Mini posts are real. I love it, bring on the ire.

    ReplyDelete